Protect Your University of Chicago Account
2FA is an added security measure similar to how you protect your bank account with a pin number (something you know) and
debit card (something you have) when you withdraw money from an ATM. The University's 2FA provider is a company named Duo
Security (Duo for short).
After you enroll in 2FA, when you log in to any 2FA-protected website or service, you will enter your CNetID and password (something you know) as you do today, and then use your smartphone or another device (something you have) to verify your identity.
How 2FA Works: The Basics
- Go to Two-Factor Authentication, and register your mobile phone or other device.
- When you access a 2FA-protected website, log in with your CNetID and password.
- When prompted, choose the "Duo Push" option on the 2FA screen.
- Approve the "Login Request" alert that appears on your phone.
- You will be securely logged in to the requested website.