Protect Your University of Chicago Account
2Factor Authentication (2FA) enhances the security of your CNetID by using your phone to verify your identity. This prevents anyone but you from using your account to log in to University websites, even if they know your CNetID password.
How 2Factor Works: The Basics
- Go to 2Factor Authentication, register your mobile phone.
- Access a Shibboleth-protected website, log in to Shibboleth.
- Choose the "Duo Push" option on the 2Factor Authentication screen.
- Approve the "Login Request" alert that appears on your phone.
- You are securely logged in to the requested site.